Training course about social entrepreneurship
The mobility of youth workers, financed by the Erasmus+ programme, place took place from 27th November to 2nd December 2017 in Zagreb, Croatia. It gathered 33 participants from Croatia, Cyprus, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Romania, and Spain.
Social entrepreneurship is a business model that focuses on the benefits it can bring to society rather than concentrating exclusively on a financial profit. It is becoming more and more recognised by the European Union which allots increasing sums for supporting social enterprises.
- increase youth workers’ knowledge and experience in this business model
- equip youth workers with practical tools for working with young people in the field of social entrepreneurship education
- current and aspiring youth workers
- people working in the field of entrepreneurship and/or employment
- people who want to learn new non-formal education methods
- people who want to broaden their horizons in the field of entrepreneurship
- people who want to see examples of successful social enterprises
"We had an opportunity to participate in an Erasmus + project Socially Inspired: Entrepreneurship for You(th) - a non-formal education that helps you develop a creative approach towards teamwork through interactive workshops. We have been discussing social entrepreneurship not only in Croatia but also on the international level. Friendly atmosphere created by the trainers professional in different fields of social entrepreneurship helped us understand that even though it's important to think in a socially responsible way, at the same time profit is crucial. The participants from other countries brought traditional sweets and snacks from their countries so we could learn about their culture. The training course was an excellent opportunity to connect with interesting people with the same interests as well as broadening our horizons. In short, it was a unique and valuable experience."
We created a booklet Socially Inspired 101 for everyone who wants to see good practice examples of social enterprises across Europe, read advice from experts about opening your own business, and learn how to facilitate workshops!
- Öko-völgy Alapítvány az Alkalmazott Fenntarthatóságért (Hungary) article
- Futuro Digitale (Italy) article
- Stowarzyszenie Europejskie Centrum Inicjatyw Młodzieżowych (Poland) article
- ProAtlântico – Associação Juvenil (Portugal) FB post
- Asociatia Tineri pentru Dezvoltare Durabila in Europa (Romania) FB post
- Rubeum (Spain) article
- Viaje a la Sostenibilidad (Spain)