“GREEN FINGERS – Urban School Gardens” is a short term EVS project financed by the Agency for Mobility and EU Programmes through the Erasmus+ programme. The project is taking place over a period of 6 weeks from May 9th to June 19th, 2016 in Zagreb, Croatia, and will engage 11 international volunteers from 5 countries (Portugal, Spain, Italy, Latvia, and Bulgaria).
The project is a continuation of our ongoing urban gardening with children project „Oasis for Children“ that started in 2013 and is engaging volunteers in maintaining 3 and starting 2 new school gardens together with around 3000 children and teachers. The main objective is to work on reconnecting children and young people to nature in an urban environment by introducing and promoting urban gardening in practice.
The following activities are planned in order to realize those objectives:
- gardening with children,
- recycled material garden decorations workshops,
- “Garden Dictionary” foreign language lessons for children,
- organising “Urban Garden Party” (June 8th),
- organising Flash Mob for International Environment Protection Day (June 5th),
- “Love Your Greens” promotion of healthy and vegetarian cooking.